Halloween (Community Wide)
Name: Halloween (Community Wide)
Date: October 30, 2018
Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT
Once again we’re fast approaching “HALLOWEEN”. Of course with this comes “Trick or Treating” for candies and goodies. The staff of the Baxley Police Department would like for everyone to keep a few tips in mind to make this a fun and safe night for everyone. The Baxley Police Department urges everyone to observe Halloween Trick or Treating activities on Tuesday Evening between 6pm-8pm.
• Give your costume a safety check, make sure it fits; it’s easy to trip on long loose clothing and big goofy looking shoes.
• Put glow in the dark stickers on your clothing or costume.
• Wear brightly colored outfits.
• Make sure you can see and hear. You need to be able to watch and listen for cars.
• Always, use the “Buddy” system. Make sure a trusted adult, parent, or guardian accompanies you.
• Only go to houses you know and people you’re familiar with, and only go to houses with their outside lights on. This welcomes you to their home.
• Carry a flashlight or some other type of lighting such as light sticks.
• Don’t get into cars with strangers.
• Don’t be led off by someone you don’t know.
• Look both ways before crossing the street or highway. Do not assume you have the right of way, make sure of it.
• Don’t run between parked cars. You never know when the car might move.
• Have your parents or a trusted adult check your candy and goodies before you eat them.
• Stick to areas you know. Have a route worked out and make sure someone in your family knows the route and the time you are expected to return home.
REMEMBER, BE ALERT, BE SEEN, BE SAFE.